National Professional Qualification in Leadership (NPQ)
Designed in collaboration with some of the country’s leading headteachers and academics, NPQs will develop talented leaders from all backgrounds who can deliver educational excellence in a self-improving system and high-quality outcomes for pupils and students.
NPQs will give you the confidence, skills and professional knowledge you need to deliver the best for pupils and all members of the school community.
Leadership CoLab is a partnership between UCL Institute of Education (IOE) and over 200 outstanding schools and partners. As the largest National College for Teaching & Leadership (NCTL) provider for the National Professional Qualifications, Leadership CoLab spans London, the South-East of England and beyond as well as catering for international participants. Through Leadership CoLab, you will be afforded the opportunity to build and develop lifelong networks with colleagues across phases and settings. With a proven history of delivering exceptional context-based and school-led leadership, Leadership CoLab provides world-class support at every stage of your leadership development.
The Department for Education’s (DfE) vision is for an education system that drives social mobility, ensuring that every child and young person can access a high quality education, regardless of location, prior attainment, or background. Over the past fifteen years, NCTL and its predecessor bodies have sought to grow professional development opportunities for school leaders, with NPQs at the forefront of this provision. Last year, the DfE convened top headteachers, multi-academy trust (MAT) CEOs, and other sector experts to reform the NPQs to prepare leaders more effectively for the range of leadership roles in today’s school system. The new approach to the NPQs will put the best schools and organisations in the driving seat of leadership professional development. Working within a flexible set of frameworks, IOE Leadership CoLab will design, deliver, and assess the following extended suite of qualifications:
CoLab currently works with around 85 UK-based clusters, principally in London, the East and South East regions, but with an increasing national scope.
Some of the key benefits to delivering the programmes as a cluster in your local area:
- 20% participant programme fee discount
- Reimbursed delivery costs
- Adaptable material to suit local context (i.e. SEN / faith-based etc)
- Flexibilty of delivery dates and times
- Access to UCL IOE academic research and networks
- Opportunity to collaborate & share with largest national network of NPQ school partners
- explore what is known from research about effective facilitation
- develop an understanding of adult learning and the role of the facilitator
- practise a range of facilitation styles and techniques
- offer an opportunity for self assessment and peer assessment against the IOE Facilitator Competency Framework.