The closest bus stops are on Woburn Place and Southampton Row. Bus stops, within a 5 to 15-minute walk, are located on Euston Road, Gower Street, Tottenham Court Road, Woburn Place and Southampton Row.
The closest is Russell Square. Tube stations, within a 5 to 15-minute walk, include: Euston; Euston Square; Goodge Street; Russell Square; Tottenham Court Road and Warren Street.
The closest is Euston. London's principal railway stations are all within a 30-minute journey, by bus or tube.
IOE is in the London congestion charging zone. We don't have a car park. Street parking in the neighbourhood is managed by Camden Council. Private parking is offered by NCP.
There is a cycle-hire docking station on the east side of our main building, in Bedford Way. It is managed by Transport for London. Visitors arriving on their own bikes may lock them to the perimeter railing of the concourse, on the west side of our main building.
The closest is Heathrow. London’s airports are all within a 1 to 2-hour journey, by bus or tube
Our main building is fully accessible to visitors with restricted mobility, including wheelchair users. Once inside, all levels are accessible by lift. There are accessible WCs on levels 1, 4, 5 and 7. For detailed information about all our buildings please refer to ourcampus access guide (DisabledGo website).
Access to the building
There are two entrances to our main building;
1) East side – via Bedford Way
- This approach starts at street level, on the pavement at 20 Bedford Way, and involves taking a lift to our main reception area
- The accessible entrance is to your right, when facing the flight of stairs to the main door
- Please use the intercom to call a member of staff at reception. They will help you operate the lift and get into the building safely
- A non-accessible entrance to your left, when facing the flight of stairs to the main door, is sometimes open. If you enter through these doors, watch out for the steps directly inside.
2) West side – via Woburn Square
- This approach starts at street level, at the end of a pedestrian walkway between Woburn Square and Russell Square. It provides level entry to our main reception are
- Halfway down the walkway you will see our building (opposite the SOAS building)
- The accessible entrance is across the concourse, to the right of the main door.
Some dedicated spaces are available.
1) Street parking
- This is managed by Camden Council, one of the four central London boroughs in which the "blue badge scheme" does NOT apply fully
- Unless your blue badge was issued by Camden Council, you are restricted to using designated "blue badge parking bays". (Note: there is such a bay, for three cars, outside 20 Bedford Way).
2) Campus parking
Visitors with mobility problems of any kind can reserve a free space for the day of their visit. Requests must be made three working days in advance. (The parking spaces are in Woburn Square and in a service road that runs off Russell Square)